Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Stuffed Cheese Buns..a love story..

Yes, that's right people a love story. These rolls, buns, whatever you want to call them are that good.

Magnificent even.

Tonight is duty night in the Christopher household. What that means for dinner is that it's normally easy peasy night.  Tonight was pasta. Not a fancy pasta, just boiled ruffle noodles and a jar of sauce.  So, because dinner was going to take all of 30 seconds to prepare I thought I'd make some sort of bread to go with it, and I knew just what bread to make. I have been drooling over the image of these cheesy buns ever since I pinned them. Seriously.

Here is the original Pin and the drool worthy picture..

Stuffed Cheese buns
Image credit: myfridgefood.com

I mean really. What is not to love about that image!?  So I set off to my cabinets to make sure I have all of the paraphernalia to make these delicious lumps of cheesy goodness. Jackpot. It's all there.  I read over the directions..super easy, laid out to where you should have no problem producing the garlicy dough.  Now, I'm not including step by step instructions/pictures because it really is that easy.  I did do a couple things different though.  I didn't have chunks of mozzarella (directions call for a 3/4" chunk of mozz) all I had was shredded mozzarella, but it didn't pose a problem.  I just pinch a chunk of it and worked it in there.  The recipe also said that she used shredded cheddar jack an swiss for the cheese on top, I used fresh shredded Parmesan and mozzarella.  I also sprinkled some garlic salt on the rolls before putting the cheese on top.

So you should get 20 rolls, hopefully they'll last you at least a day. My kids LOVED them as much as I did. My oldest had maybe 3, my daughter had close to 3 as well-but after taking her first bite she told me I was the best cooker ever! Oh yeah, that's right. I got the 3 year old's seal of approval.  

Really people. Make these rolls. Unless you're lactose or gluten intolerant-then don't, but know, I fell bad that you can't enjoy these bites of cheesy heaven.

And here are what my rolls looked like.  Just because sometimes you can't trust the pin picture. :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment