Saturday, November 17, 2012

Have Your Pic Drawn As A Disney Character

Now, this post isn't food or DIY it's a..well...review, I guess. With 3, soon to be 4 kids my husband and I (well, I'm in charge if it all, so I) are doing Christmas on the cheap this year. I'm sure there are plenty of families across the country feeling the economical pinch this year. I'm planning on doing as much DIY for gifts for my kids as I can.

With that being said, when I came across a Pin that is about sending in a picture and having it turned into a Disney Princess I was intrigued! I have an almost 4 year old daughter who is obsessed with anything Princess or Lalaloopsy. So this was right up my alley. I clicked on it to see what it was about and pricing. I assumed it would be semi pricey, given it's custom work, but I thought, why not check it out. I am SO glad I did! The Pin brought me to Fiverr.com.

If you've never heard of Fiverr.com it's a website that people can post "I will do (insert whatever here) for $5" Everything's $5. Now, some stuff is out there. I seen one where a girl will paint her toe nails in any shade you want and take a picture of it. I do not want to know what that's about. But, there are some really cool ones on there..like the custom Princess images!

Here is the original PIN
 Have your pic drawn like a Disney character - $15 for color or only $5 for b/w.  really cute idea - to frame in a girl's room or for me because I love Disney! And what girl doesn't want to be a Disney princess?!

Pretty freaking cool right!?  Well, I was saddened to see that the person who did this one wasn't offering this deal anymore.  BUT there were a few others who were doing this as well.  So, I bit the bullet and found one I liked and sent my daughters picture in and purchased it.  After I did that I was so excited for her to get this custom Princess drawing of herself I figured there HAD to be someone who does this but with boy centered things. 

So I searched Super Heros, there were a few hits, but they were kinda 'ehh'  Then I seen it. Custom Lego Man image!  My oldest son is ALL ABOUT Legos. Seriously. I even took him to the Lego Discovery Center outside of Chicago this past summer and he didn't want to leave.  Anywho.  I jumped on it and purchased a custom Lego image of my son.  It came today and I am so thrilled with it, I can't wait to give it to him for Christmas! 

Here is my son, Kyin & then the Lego Kyin




Now, obviously, it's a Lego man so there isn't all that much detail that actually goes into it. But it's got his glasses and his faux hawk. :)  The link to the person who made this is right HERE

And onto the Princess drawing!  I literally just received this about an hour ago, I had to wait to post this blog post until I got it. Just like the Lego drawing, you send in a picture for reference, but you also get to specify style and colors.  I chose classic Disney Princess and pinks/purples.

So here's the pic of my daughter I sent in and the Princess drawing:






















I absolutely LOVE it, and I know she will too!  HERE is the link to the listing if you're interested in getting a Princess drawn of you're little lady! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment