Saturday, December 1, 2012

North Pole Breakfast

It's that time of year again...December 1st...and our Elf on the Shelf 'Elfie' has arrived! Yes, my kids got super creative with the name. My husbands in the Navy and will pretty much be out to sea this whole month..but I will NOT let that ruin the kids Christmas and all the magic that entails-enter The North Pole Breakfast.  I found this Pin while looking for Elf on the Shelf ideas and LOVED it. 
Here is the original PIN
North Pole Breakfast, love this idea.

How fun right!? 

Okay, first I'm going to go through a run down of everything I got for this little event.  I went into this thinking it was going to be pricey.  Thank God for Dollar Tree & Walgreens Rewards coupons!

--From Dollar Tree I got: Elf hats, socks, candy canes, candy cane straws, serving platters/bowls, snowflakes and the coffee mugs: around $17
--From Walgreens: coloring books, activity pads, note pads and ornaments: $2 after rewards
--From Target: plates and placemats: $12

Alrighty.  I am exhausted. I was up until 1:30am last night/this morning setting this thing up.  I then had to set my alarm for 6:45 to wake up before my daughter (the early riser) so I could finish setting up. 

The spread:

Just a glimpse at the table..
 
 
Nummy cinnamon rolls with red & green sprinkles
 
Peppermint Kisses (me & Moosey's favorite!)
 
North Pole Milk (green food coloring & peppermint extract milk)
 
Winter Oreos
 
Snow covered donut kabobs
 
 Fluffy's plate-she ate her donuts and the good half of her Oreo
 
 Ky's plate- he ate his donuts & Kiss
 

 The main Elf man himself...Elfie!
 
 

Just some randoms of the set up: 


Pretty snow flakes 
 
 Ornaments
 
 Ky in his Elf hat
 
 Miss Fluffy in hers
 
 Socks (Moose wasn't awake yet, but his are the same as Ky's reindeer ones)
 
 Coloring & activity books
 
 He's awake!
 
 Yum! North Pole Milk!!
 
 Ky loves his little bro!
 
 
It was totally worth the long night last night and early morning.  The kids had a blasty, I retained my title of Buddy the Elf (of our house anyway).  Kyin was so happy he wrote a note to Elfie it said "L-fe (Elfie) I <3 you" Except he wrote the heart the normal way of course :)
 
Happy December y'all!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment