Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pizza Bread

When I seen the idea for the Pepperoni Pizza Bread, I immediately thought 'lunch'.  I love pizza, and creating little pizza's is the best option for my kids, because God forbid everyone want the same thing on their pizza.  Anyway, here is the link to the Pin.
Here is the image from Taste of Home, where the Pin originated from:

Now, something that should be known about my children: they all have different tastes, and like different stuff on their pizza, like most I'm sure.  My oldest doesn't like pepperoni, I think there might be something wrong with him..I'm joking (kind of). So, just doing what's pictured above wouldn't work for us.  So, I changed up the recipe a bit.. here's my take on the Pepperoni Pizza Bread:

Ingredients:
Mozzarella, Italian Bread, butter, garlic salt, pizza sauce, and your favorite pizza toppings-I used pepperoni and canned mushrooms

The Process:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Cover one side of the bread with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt

Flip the bread over and cover with pizza sauce-I use a decent amount because the bread with absorb some of the sauce leaving your mini pizzas kind of dry if you don't use enough sauce.

Now sprinkle on the cheese and put on your toppings.  When it comes to the pepperoni's, it's my preference to use kitchen shears and cut up the pepperoni's before putting them on the mini pizzas, otherwise it's too much pepperoni for me.  

Now pop em in the oven until the cheese is melted and the bottoms have a golden brown color

Enjoy!

The butter and garlic salt on the bottom gives the crust a garlic bread taste...so yummy!!
I made 9 mini pizzas and the total cost was $2.45! Nice cheap yummy lunch.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment