Wednesday, September 19, 2012

DIY Mentholated Shower Discs

Everyone in my house is sick. Literally everyone. The hubs seems to have gotten the sickest though (is he actually sicker...or is it just because he's a man? No, he really is sicker, damn flu shot gets him every time). So, thankfully I had previously Pinned the shower Discs! I set off to make these little mint lovelies .
Here is the original Pin



The directions say to use 1c baking soda 1/3c water and a mix of essential oils. Now, I'm not one to have random oils on hand-BUT I did have some Vicks type oil for a steam humidifier. I figured that it would work just the same.

So, I mix up the baking soda/water and make a paste, dump that into the lined muffin tin and baked for 20m at 350. When they were done and cooled I added the oil. The directions don't give an exact amount so I added about a 1/4 tsp- i didn't want my hubs to burn up in the shower.
He tried one last night, said it worked really well at first, but then lost its scent. So I added some more oil to the remaining discs.

All in all, this is a great DIY. Cheap, and it works. You should get around 6 or so discs per batch. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment